Thursday, July 16, 2009

taking my place in the field

So Dr. Jacobsen described deciding on our worldview as taking a stand in the field... believe x and stand feet firmly planted here x.

This concerned me for many reasons. I am accommodating for a living. You need a postpositivist for this project I'm your gall. You need your PM on this project to be advocate/participatory in their worldview.. I'm all over it. I am an accommodator.. as much as I can be without crossing a line on my personal belief systems. As it turns out I am standing firmly now in the pragmatism wordview. It is one that does not seperate beliefs, from conduct or disposition. It requires, as I understand it today, a mixed method approach to research according to the text.

Is a pragmatic wordview a holistic lens for a researcher or do I just want to read that into the text because I don't see the value in separating my "subjects" from the world that they so obviously live in?

No comments: